East Arnhem Land Photography Tours
Join us, as we connect with the world’s oldest living culture and engage with the deeply spiritual Yolngu people in their private homelands in East Arnhem Land in the Northern Territory of Australia.
This is a very special journey where you’ll learn about age-old traditions, and how the Yolngu people have an unwavering bond and connection to their land and country. This photography tour to the Yolngu homelands, is a completely immersive and engaging experience that gives you the opportunity to spend time with some of the world's gentlest people in their natural environment.
You’ll learn about the Aboriginal culture and their intricate family systems and beliefs. And better still, you'll share yours and their knowledge as you sit together under a tree where the Earth is revered so much, it is considered a member of the Yolngu family.
During your time, while living with the Yolngu people, you'll be invited to join in daily activities with a range of memorable experiences, including:
- Exploring and photographing stunning Arnhem Land settings.
- Yolngu dance activities/displays.
- Traditional painting, weaving and basketry.
- Preparation and sharing of traditional foods.
- Spear-fishing, oyster picking and other activities
- Yidaki (didgeridoo) playing.
- Aboriginal story-telling and spirituality.
- Learning the Yolngu language.
This is a rare opportunity to experience these unique people on their traditional land, as they welcome you with open arms into a culture so powerful, it will change the way you see the world.
Cost of tour: $5,750
(Deposit of $890 required to secure place)
Dates: 24-31 July 2018 (limited to 9 participants only)
Accommodation is on twin share basis. (Single supplement $115 per person, per night)
- One night - Banubanu Wilderness Retreat - Bremer Island (including boat transfers)
- Six nights accommodation (three nights in each homeland)
- All transport/4-wheel driving during the tour
- All camping equipment and bedding supplied (tents, camp beds, pillows, blankets and more).
- All permits to Yolngu homeland
- Yolngu driver and guide
- All meals during tour, prepared by our very own cook (All diets catered for)
- Photographic tuition/guidance and workshops throughout tour
- All activities included throughout duration of tour
- Visit to Yirrkala Art Centre
NB: This tour is booked via Cultural Connections Photography Tours.