Corporate Culture - Wangany Dhukarr
Corporates will meet Yolŋu Culture at Bawaka. Bawaka translates to ‘unknown heaven’ for good reason. Set on a stunning beach in the Port Bradshaw area, roughly two hours south of Nhulunbuy, Bawaka is truly one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Bawaka is the homeland of the Burarrwanga family, who specialise in cultural awareness programs for both travellers and corporate groups.
Lirrwi Tourism has hosted many of Australia’s leading corporations to experience Yolŋu culture, including executives from the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Rio Tinto, Telstra, News Ltd, BP and Westpac. Participants not only get to spend time with and learn from people of the world's oldest culture, they get to do it in one of the most spectacular and pristine environments in Australia. Each participant has left revitalised, motivated and inspired, their experience with Yolŋu culture having a positive impact on their corporate performance. In our feedback , the single most often used comment is “life- changing”.
Corporate cultural awareness programs are typically run over a weekend and require a day either side when travelling from Australia capital cities. Executive teams are transported by four-wheel drive vehicle to a homeland where they spend two days and a night, engaged in cultural awareness programs. Accommodation at Bawaka is basic comfortable, lodge style with beds. Rooms have lights and fans and all meals are provided on site.
This 3 day - 2 night experience is designed for small groups of 6-15 people.
Additional days or optional extras can be negotiated.
A booking lead time of at least 30 days is required and longer is preferable.
Airline seats into the region and local commercial accommodation is limited so long range planning is highly recommended.
Full terms and conditions available soon.
- all transport in the East Arnhem Region including airport transfers and ground touring
- all meals whilst on tour unless otherwise indicated in the itinerary
- cultural awareness experiences with Yolngu family at Bawaka
- basic lodge style accommodation with beds and fresh linen provided
- one night motel accommodation in Nhulunbuy at end of trip
- Yolŋu driver-guides and highly capable 4X4 tour vehicles
- Tour of world class Aboriginal Art Centre Buku Larrnggay Mulka in Yirrkala
You are responsible for:
- airfares from your home port to Nhulunbuy (Gove)
- transit accommodation outside of East Arnhem Land.